Sunday, 20 November 2011

Transgender Day Of Remembrance

It is Transgender Day Of Remembrance. I went to the vigil in Manchester, there was a nice turn out. Names of those aren't with us anymore were read out, it was quite moving in many ways. Moving cos it's sad that someones ignorance has meant they felt the need to harm others and in another way it's moving cos people presence shows that there is community out there.

It's quite sad that something horrible has to happen for you to realise how lucky you are. I'm on those lucky people, I don't always show it but it's not cos i don't appreciate it cos i do, i'm just not a fan of massive displays of affection. So you can say that today has been quite reflective.

I have been a fan of the word community due to my own personal reasons, mainly cos I struggled finding one and I couldn't 'fit in' to the one I thought I was apart of (the lesbian community) to the part where it made me really unhappy. However i'm now learning to accept and be happy that i've found not one but two communities that i'm apart of, the trans community and the queer community. I feel so happy about the friends i've made in these communities cos I don't know what i'd do without them and you know who you are. They make me feel 'normal' whatever it is to feel normal these days. Not that I don't appreciate my non queer/non trans friends cos i do and love that you are an ally to me.

I could write more but i've forgotten what else i was gonna say.

I LOVE YOU ALL, YOU KNOW WHO ARE AND YOU KNOW YOU'RE SPECIAL TO ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers