Thursday, 17 November 2011

none of your business

I'm gonna get the update out the way first. I went to Leeds last week for my apointment, everything is fine. I've got my surgery referral, i just need a second opinion from Sheffield, Nottingham or Leicester.

Right, I was at The Mustard Tree last week and one of the other volunteers started chatting with me, she asked me my name so i told her and she questioned me asking if I was a girl or a boy. I really fucking hate this question so much. I told her I was a boy obvious and I knew exactly what she was going to say, 'Oh i thought you were a girl'. I laughed it off and said no i'm not. Nothing more was said. She is the type of person (chav- judgemental i know but it's true) who wants to know everything about you cos that's how she lives, telling everyone her business. I left shortly afterwards.

Today I went in, her and her girlfriend  were there sitting down. I went to take my coat off and sit down but I saw her whispering to her girlfriend, she came over to me and said Hi and asked my name again cos she'd forgotten it, I thought nothing of it so I told her then she went back to her girlfriend and i heard her whispering again. I could be being paranoid but i'm pretty sure she was talking about me. Later on she came and sat next to me then started questioning me again, she started asking me what i was doing this weekend so i said i was going out to Legends (for those not in Manchester it's a queer/LGBT club) then she questiined my gender again so i told her again that was a boy, she then questioned my sexuality then she aasked if i was going through a sex change. I had to leave cos i was shaking that i was annoyed.

Janet, the woman who orgnaises all the volunteers doesn't know i'm trans and i don't want her to cos I don't want it to be an issue. I feel like i need to tell her though so she can have a word with the other volunteer. I don't know what to do.

1 comment:

  1. What business is it of hers? I would definitely have a word with the organiser... it's her job to be professional and to ensure that there is no inappropriate behaviour from her volunteers, and this girl asking you so many unwanted personal questions and making you feel uncomfortable in the group is definitely inappropriate.

    What is it you're volunteering for? The girl is probably just curious and doesn't mean to be offensive, but it sounds like she's quite ignorant (in both senses, ie. simply underinformed as well as willfully exclusive of things that don't fit into her narrow view of life).

    ReplyDelete

Followers