Wednesday, 25 May 2011

In the words of Rihanna 'why is everything so complicated with you?'

By that i mean the NHS. Everything is so difficult at times.

I've been asked to research PCTs policies on surgery for transguys by Gary. I've looked on the website and there was little information so now i'm emailing PALs to try get them to send me a copy of their policies.

I have thought about paying for surgery myself cos it'd save a lot of hassle but realistically i know i can't. I've gone through a 'transition' where I'm feeling more like me but when i have to basically fight for what i want then it brings me back down that i'm not fully there. Don't get me wrong i'm a proud transman cos it's taken me a long time to get here, but having to constantly ring up/email people just to get treatment that i deserve is so frustrating.

I'm not typing this feeling sorry for myself as such but it's very annoying when my PCT are saying yes go to Leeds but by the way if you are diagnosed as trans then we'll make it difficult to give you funding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers